Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Licher Brauerei!!



Hey guys! Devin- it's so wonderful to hear from you! I'm so excited you saw a game!! You are awesome for watching.. I miss you too.. and we were sad to not be a Brandi's wedding... Someone needs to send me some pictures! Well after the game this weekend, Tom and I had a great time in Frankfurt.. After we wrote you guys at a new starbucks we found, we took a boat tour of the Main river in Frankfurt and Offenbach.. It was a gorgeous day and we were just so happy to see the sun and relax on a boat! I'll add pics later.. Then yesterday we went with the team to a little town called Lich and toured their brauerei (brewery!) Their beer is called Licher- they are a sponsor for the team, so I drink it often. But we have never had this much fun drinking beer- we got to see everything. The ingredients, how they prepare everything, cook it, cool it, filter it, and bottle it.. We have some fun video too! We got to take bottles off of the conveyer belt and drink it right there! Here's the site: http://www.licher.de/ They have a mixture of beer and cola that is sooooo good.. At the games, one of the german girls taught me that trick. And this company makes their own mix. Another specialty of theirs is wheat beer or "Weizen" We purchased lots of licher paraphanalia and we had a blast. Lindsay, you're going to be drinking some Licher soon!Oh, and the guy with Tom in the pic below is David Kimball- our kicker dressed as Mozart for a game promo! The dog we saw in Heidelberg, he had good energy! Well, I've written too much! I'm pretty sure I'm still going to Italy.. Madeleine & I decided to wait another week and we found a great airline for really cheap flights.. I'm talking like under $50 round trip! Talk to you soon, Kristin

P.S. pics are of: 1. us drinking Licher Export beers we took off the conveyor belt! 2. Tom, Adam, Sean, David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home