Thank you...
Thank you guys for all of the well wishes for Tom's leg.. It's healing everyday, so we'll see as the week goes by! Those pics are pretty gross looking!! He jogged at the gym yesterday and said it felt pretty good! Martha, you would have died walking around this castle! And apparently, if you can bite the door knocker in half on the door of the castle.. they give it to you as a gift!!! So start practicing and you can be the queen!! Jochen, you and Alma are so great. Thanks so much for the time you've taken to tell us about the best of Germany.. i can't wait to travel to those cities!! and i REALLY want to go to the chocolate museum- thanks, Alma!! i have already found some Milka to bring home to you guys! And I think that the Nutella is better here- do they use different chocolate to make it in the states or something?!
You guys, we had the most amazing weekend in Heidelberg....... Tom woke up on sunday and decided he was going to plan a trip! We got started late so I was freaking out- you know how I like to have time to prepare... Well he made lemons into lemonade and got us there on an IC train (so nice), we ate lunch on the restraunt car of the train (wonderful food), and arrived in Heidelberg by the afternoon! We took the #33 tram and they droped us off at the road that takes you straigt up to the castle (and I mean STRAIGHT UP!) I had to stop and catch my breath several times up this cobblestone path! And once we got to the landing, I almost cried because it was so beautiful... We had a view of the whol city, the river and beautiful bridge that crosses it.. and we hadn't even walked into the castle yet!! I will add pics to this post as soon as i can get to starbucks and upload them! The castle is beautiful and you can see all of the changes it's been through because of battles and war and aging.. They've added on and rebuilt it through the years.. I can't wait to start a painting of one of my pictures.. Oh and I can't believe Holly Wagnon is having a baby!!! I'm excited for her and Amanda.. Thanks for passing on the news, mom! Lindsay I'm going to call you soon! I've been wanting to talk to you too. We'll write again soon!
You guys, we had the most amazing weekend in Heidelberg....... Tom woke up on sunday and decided he was going to plan a trip! We got started late so I was freaking out- you know how I like to have time to prepare... Well he made lemons into lemonade and got us there on an IC train (so nice), we ate lunch on the restraunt car of the train (wonderful food), and arrived in Heidelberg by the afternoon! We took the #33 tram and they droped us off at the road that takes you straigt up to the castle (and I mean STRAIGHT UP!) I had to stop and catch my breath several times up this cobblestone path! And once we got to the landing, I almost cried because it was so beautiful... We had a view of the whol city, the river and beautiful bridge that crosses it.. and we hadn't even walked into the castle yet!! I will add pics to this post as soon as i can get to starbucks and upload them! The castle is beautiful and you can see all of the changes it's been through because of battles and war and aging.. They've added on and rebuilt it through the years.. I can't wait to start a painting of one of my pictures.. Oh and I can't believe Holly Wagnon is having a baby!!! I'm excited for her and Amanda.. Thanks for passing on the news, mom! Lindsay I'm going to call you soon! I've been wanting to talk to you too. We'll write again soon!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home